Translate

About The Following Blog

The following blog has been written purely for those wanting a first hand knowledge of what it is like to step into the dojo for the first time as a complete beginner as a Martial Artist. Through practising a Martial Art, you will gain many things such as self-confidence, self-respect and life-long and good friends. I hope this helps you to see into an amazing world of which you have never seen before and that I have had the privilege of belonging to and knowing.
Although I have not put my name or any name to this blog, it does deserve a dedication- a dedication to those who help people to train, who teach, reassure and most important of all- those who never give up, no matter how many times they hit the ground or a mental brick wall, with themselves or others. But above all- those who are ready to begin their own journey, it begins with one step….

https://twitter.com/Aikilass

Monday 24 December 2012

Chapter 65: Final part of the Summary of the journey so far...

Of course I did go in! You really didn't think a scary entrance would put me off now would you?

So, after 6 years or there abouts now. I have found my 'home'. I am very happy where I am. I don't think I've been more settled. I feel really part of the club as a whole, I wonder how many other people can say that?

I have a Sensei who understands me and my training needs. Who took me on, warts and all. I have Senpai, who are the best I have ever trained with, and I really do mean that.

We train hard, but we learn, respect and trust one another too. And thats what for me, my Aikido is about. Not getting a black belt or shiny gold medals, but having that key relationship between each and everyone who trains there.


No comments: